Thursday, April 1, 2010

Long Time, No Sew.

So, I have been a very bad blogger. Between many trips and my general feeling of blah, I haven't had time nor felt like updating.


But spring is here, and with it a much better feeling for me. I know last blog I said I was trying to make a purse/wallet, but that project fell by the wayside. Since then, I have been expanding my hairbows, and have made ten of them so far. I already have someone who is buying four of them, so I'm excited about them. Maybe my new career path? I love the loopy bows (picture above), but I also make traditional bows as well.


I also mentioned last post about two dresses I was making for one of my high school friend's daughters. The one for the older girl is left and the one for her 18mo. is to the right. I think they both came out better than I even imagined. The pictures also show the bows I made for both of them. I am very happy with them, and my friend and her daughters loved them too!


My husband and I went to Louisiana to visit my grandparents last weekend. While we were there, one of my cousins had her baby, a little boy born almost 5 weeks premature. While he is doing okay, he is still in NICU and will probably be there a while. Because his birth was unexpected, I knew they didn't have any preemie stuff, so I crocheted them a set of booties and a hat for him. They were so tiny and cute. They were both really easy to make too, all three taking about three hours to make. If I get a picture I will post it.


That's all for now. Next project: cell phone covers and baby booties. Still working on the crocheted dress. Decided the color will be 'seafoam'. Will post pictures as work continues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment