Monday, March 8, 2010

Projects In Progress

Well, I am almost done with my first 'commission' project. I made a brown and pink polka-dot dress for one of my friend's three-year-old and another similar dress for her 18-month old. I think they turned out great! Maybe this is my new career path.

I also learned how to make hairbows. I made two bows that matched the dresses for the girls. I think they turned out cute as well.

My next project is to see if I can make a purse/wallet. I saw some on our trip that I really loved, but I didn't like the pattern of the fabric, so I am seeing if I can recreate it in some prettier fabric. Not sure how that will go. As always, we'll see!

Lastly, I got another request for one of my dresses, but this time it is for the crocheted dress. It takes longer to make because you are basically making the 'fabric' of the dress, but it costs less to make in terms of materials. I don't know what color to make it (the lady had no preference); I need to go closet diving and see what colors I have left before I go buy some. Or maybe I'll just go buy some ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment